Background

Friday, October 24, 2008

Will I soar at Soaring Wings???

Well....it's merely hours until my first half-marathon....I didn't even know about the Soaring Wings Half Marathon this weekend until Cheryl mentioned it last Saturday at the River Market. As the weekend went on, I just could not get it out of my mind and when Cheryl told me to look at it as a treat to myself after coming home from Harrison, I just couldn't say no. I went online and registered and let her know right away. We have been obsessing ever since...

Now..I''m kind of nervous about it. I ate a good dinner and feel ok, except all the bloating from all this PMS crap. I was going to wear my running pants, but they are so tight...ugh....My left knee is sore too and I'm not sure why. I never have problems with my left knee or foot, it's ALWAYS my right.... I hope a good rest and a few ibuprofen take care of it before tomorrow morning. I tried an ice pack, but it hasn't seemed to help much.....

Tomorrow I am meeting Cheryl and Kim at Target in NLR to carpool to Conway. That should be fun and may help settle my nerves some...I've got most of my gear together so I won't have to fly around like a maniac in the morning looking for everything...my Gu, gloves, ipod, headband, LED light, fleece (of course) and my G2. I will probably wear a running skirt and long sleeve performance shirt. Cheryl is supposed to bring her running gloves and fuel belt in case I want to use those...

Looking forward to it!! My first medal!!!

No comments: