Background

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 7 and counting...

Sigh....nothing new here....it's day 7 since my last run and I am bummed..I miss it and the weather has been beautiful! The top of my foot is still pretty sore and I am wondering about the whole doctor thing...should I go? I was looking at information about foot pain and injuries online and there really is very little difference between tendonitis and a stress fracture, in this particular area of my foot. I have been doing all I know to do to move the recovery along....I read that even if it is a stress fracture, a lot of times the x-ray will not even show it until 2-3 weeks after it has started healing...In other words...I can pay to go to the doctor and basically he will tell me to do the exact same things, maybe add that I should stop running even longer...

I'm not getting stupid about it...as much as I want to run, I am being a good little girl. With training resuming soon for the Little Rock (probably Half marathon), I want to make sure I am healed up and ready to go...especially when it's time to get back into speed work and hills. I guess it could always be worse, I keep telling myself that..It's not going to do me any good to get uptight about something I'm doing everything I can do help and cannot control. When it comes to injuries, I am always brought back down to my human self, my body that is not immune to pain or little mishaps. I can, however, at least try to learn from them and do the best I can to take care of myself so that I can go back to doing what I absolutely love. That's really what it comes down to...Yes, I am looking forward to the next race and all...but the act of running, just for the sake of it...is what I miss...

So...in the meantime, as I try my best to avoid going stir-crazy..you may hear from me...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh no, hate hearing about the foot :(. Keep icing it, taking ibuprofen, and watching the footwear--just may take some time. I had a major foot and leg cramp yesterday and it's still very sore today. Hoping it will be ok after a couple of days, I still have 2 more 10ks later this month. Hope everything goes well.

Gabby