Background

Friday, December 9, 2011

Long time no blog...or run..







Man, it's been soooo long since my last post! I can't believe that it was before the Bass Pro Half last year that I posted last! We had an awesome time...it was Sheryl and Cami's first half, and they did an awesome job. I went on to do the Hobbitom Challenge in March, which is a half marathon on Saturday and the Little Rock Marathon on Sunday. I was hurting by the end of marathon day, but I did PR on the marathon course.


My running has had lots of ups and downs this year...will not so many downs..but more like some "non-running"..After the marathon, I was happy to take a break from running. I don't think I ran more than twice the month after the race. After that, it was pretty sporadic. I had some mild Achilles issues and have had to try out some different shoes. I was wearing the New Balance 1224's, but I had exhausted all avenues to find any more in my size, since they are out of stock everywhere! I found a pretty similar shoe in the New Balance 940's, but alas, these shoes won't last long either.

My longest run since the marathon in March has been 10 miles, and I'm pretty sure that was at least 2 months ago. Last weekend, I did 8, which might not have been too bad, but I did Charla's Mix-it-Up Boot camp-type class the day before...Ugh, the next day I felt crippled! All this to say...I am doing the White River Christmas Half Marathon tomorrow! EEK...Probably not the best decision I ever made, but I couldn't resist a road trip/race with the girls after SO long! We did this race last year and it was the HILLIEST race I have ever done. I will most definitely have to do my walk/run thing. If you ever get the opportunity to do this race I highly recommend it. It is a small, but well supported race, organized by Fellowship Bible Church in Batesville. There is no race fee, but donations are accepted and almost all proceeds go to needy families for Christmas. The race shirt is so cute, the medal doubles as a Christmas Ornament, and the post-race food is abundant and AWESOME. These people put on a great event and they don't scrimp...we even got really nice goodie bags! I'm a tad nervous and it IS supposed to be one of the coldest day we've had so far this winter..Oh well, at least it's not going to rain!

I'll fill you in on the race after!!





No comments: