Background

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Last run before the Marathon!

I didn't blog on last week's run... it was at Murray park. I was dreading it, because it always seems that my tough runs start there..It was overcast and supposedly going to rain, but amazingly enough, it started sprinkling the moment we got to the parking lot where we were parked! We were SO relieved....It was a bit chilly and very windy (the norm lately), but I was comfy. In fact, the whole run seemed to fly by and I felt pretty good. I was telling Cheryl that Murray Park had almost redeemed itself...ALMOST..

This week was the last "long" run with the LRM Group before the Marathon. We met at the Arts Center and it was pretty warm with a breeze that felt cool at first. Once we started running, I was plenty warm enough! As Cheryl mentioned in her blog, we were "twinkies", but unknowingly until I got to her house. Black running skirt...white dri-fit top...Today we were trucking along...going faster than usual..I didn't intend to and if I could go back and do it again, I would go slower...my left hip started to really tighten up on that last mile. Cheryl wondered that maybe the "knee" pain she's been having for a while might be her IT Band..and I concurred. We got a "crackhead" bracelet from Hobbitt and noticed how many other people were in the parking lot when we got back! That's new for us...we always start late...have to stop a hundred times...etc.... It was nice! we took a little time to stretch and left for Starbuck's.

It is both sad and happy to have done that last run today. I'm sad..it feels like something is coming to an end, even though I plan to keep running with the group.... I'm scared that I won't be able to do it after all that training..... I'm happy that I have already done something that I never imagined I would do and gained some friends doing it! I'm sure that I will have more to say as the week goes on, as my nerves threaten to overtake me....so, until then....

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

It has been fun and if I have anything to do with it we will continue and look forward to our next goal.

This will be the week for nerves, don't forget what I told you about those phantom pains and running dreams, this is the week for all the nerves to really kick in, but I have no doubt in my mind you will finish the marathon even if I have to push you from behind!