Background

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I am HOT...in a sweaty kinda way....

It's not officially summer, but that does not stop Arkansas from busting out the 90 degree heat, 70 dew point,and 51% humidity to welcome me back to running! Time to break out my FAVORITE...the visor...to avoid the usual burning this time of year..and for those of you that know me...you know that I HATE visors and was being facetious in saying that...The good thing is that I scored a "cute" one (as cute as a visor CAN be) at the Runner's Roost in Colorado when I was there....

I officially have 2 more PT appointments and then I graduate! YIPPIE! I'm sure that I will probably have to continue my exercises, even after PT is over...but hey, I can can do my exercises at home FOR FREE! It is so encouraging to see such an improvement! I am back to enjoying my Sculpt classes twice a week, weight lifting twice a week, and running at least 3 times a week, soon to be 4. The runs, in general, seem to be getting better and I am trying to focus on building my time, and not worrying about my speed. Tom, "coach" of the LRM running group, has helped me put together a very conservative schedule for my planned half-marathon in October. I hope to also gradually work my way back onto my spinning bike...ahh....never so thankful to sweat...

1 comment:

EricaH said...

seems like the heat is coming sooner rather than later this year. We have had a few 90 days out here but no humidity couldn't imagine wet heat.

Looks like you have a pretty full workout load has to be exciting getting back into your routine. :)

@I Run Because...I Can