Background

Friday, August 20, 2010

A brief intermission...

Not too much has changed on the running front....I had 3 very good runs and the knee pain returned. I now have an appointment with my Podiatrist for Monday and I am hoping that he can help me with the insoles. Beyond that, I don't know what to do...so prayers are being prayed and good thoughts are being thunk (yeah, I said that)....fingers crossed....

Those 3 runs were a taste of bliss...they were virtually pain free and it has been so long since I experienced that, it was almost like a high...I started getting so excited about running again!!! I really want to be able to enjoy fall running the next few months, it is my favorite time of year. I haven't given up on the Soaring Wings Half yet, but the deadline before the rate goes up is August 24th...

Has anyone ever been sidelined by an injury so long that you don't even think of yourself as a runner anymore? Sometimes I feel like an impostor or something....trying to live on the "glory days" .....

2 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

It CAN feel like forever when you can't run. You'll get back - healthier than ever. The waiting is hard but the end result is a healthy runner. Hang in there!

Susan said...

I had to lay off running and wear a huge boot for 3-4 months in 2008 and I felt like a "runner on hold."

Galloway repeats: I am supposed to run 5-10 minutes first to warm up. Then, I run a mile and then walk for 5 minutes. Repeat!

But I am still doing the runs at 2:1 (for me, anyway) and I am supposed to run each one 30 seconds faster than goal race pace. That's the clincher: 30 seconds faster than race pace.