Background

Friday, August 6, 2010

SUCK week...

Ugh...............

It is never-ending...the insole drama continues. Needless to say, I think I'm going to have to have the dang things adjusted again. Last week's 7 miler was brutal on the knees. I took the insoles to be adjusted on Monday and tried them again on Wednesday's run. Aside from giving myself heat stroke running outside in 106 degree weather, my knees and feet bothered me afterwards. This week I have also had the unfortunate pleasure of my hip pain returning, so basically....SUCK!! I'm skipping running today and not even sure if my 7 miler will even happen tomorrow. Is being able to run without pain too much to ask? I'm so tired of hurting all the time, the fleeting thought of giving up running all-together crossed my mind yesterday.....But I don't want to live with that. I know that running is not my whole identity, but it really does feel like a huge part of me. I LOVE it...if I didn't, I would have given up long ago. Now I'm wondering if I need to give up on the upcoming Soaring Wings Half Marathon in October. I haven't actually registered yet, but now I'm scared to. Not sure if I will be ready in time with all the set backs....

I continue with my exercises for the hip, and I'm really hoping that I don't have to go back to PT. I could really use some ART right now to loosen me up. I think that once I can pinpoint why my insoles aren't working for me, the knee pain will get better. I considered a patellar strap, but I think that's just treating something that is, ultimately being caused by the insole/shoe issue. NUTS!

1 comment:

Susan said...

HEY stranger!!!

I chose the Galloway plan because of the fact that, basically, he practically guarantees fewer injuries. Plus, it's fewer days of weeks of training (4). Both of those points are extremely important to this mother of a busy toddler!

My book is "Training Programs." This run-walk has been God-sent this hot, hot summer. The particular plan I chose does go up to 29 miles (but I don't know if I'll make it that far...) I am training for the Chicago Marathon on 10-10-10.

Running at night is the ONLY way to go for me. The sun is killer.

Thanks for the newspaper tip for wet shoes. I've never heard of that!

Good luck to you! Keep the questions coming!