Background

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

4 X-Rays and some paper shorts later....

Well, I finally got sick of hurting and not getting better, and wondering if I was making things worse with my knee and hip pain. Made an appointment for today to see Dr. Slater, an Orthopedist at Ortho Arkansas. I arrived at 9:30 and was being checked by 9:45!! The fastest I have ever gotten in to see a doc. Told him what has been going on, the things that do or don't help, etc. He concluded that I have no stress fractures, tendon or ligament problems or leg imbalances. He did X-rays on my hips and knees and said my joints look great! For that I was relieved... I have a touch of tendonitis in my left knee. He also said that my femurs tend to rotate inward, which is something I can't help due to the way they formed when I was growing. He didn't even say that I had to stop running, just cut it back a bit, and build back up according to how I feel. I do hate that it seems rather subjective...that I don't have a definitive plan or estimate as to when things will be okay again....I am to continue my NSAIDS, ice/heat, stretching, and rest. Was supposed to do a 10 miler today, but he recommended I not...I did a short 5 mile run in my neighborhood, and my knee actually feels okay, but my right IT Band was acting up, so I cut it short. This cutting back will be hard...especially the way I tend to push myself, but I hope it is better in the 'long run"...haha...

2 comments:

Kim said...

Glad to hear your doc appt went ok...and there's nothing major wrong w/your hip or knee. Although Tendonitis isn't fun (I've got it in both feet)..it's just another fun thing to get use to!!!

Have fun at your conference, see you next week! (p.s. I updated my blog!)

Newly and Forever, Tamantha said...

If only my IT Band would cooperate now....geez...