Background

Saturday, June 12, 2010

5 miles...wait?...yep, 5 miles....

5 miles!

I haven't done 5 miles in months! But I did it this morning! It was rough...there was sweat (ALOT of it)...there was some hip tightness, there was some shuffling toward the end...but it happened! Obviously, it is pointless to say that humidity played somewhat of a factor (It's SUMMER!)...but I wanted to get the run out of the way before Power Pump class this morning. I decided to forgo the group run today...I just couldn't take the ADEQ route again. I think we've been there at least 3 times in the last 2 months and mentally, I wasn't up for that. I ran in my neighborhood, downtown, over into Little Rock and back. I was dripping in sweat, but I felt like I really accomplished something!

PT graduation has been postponed...mostly due to my overdoing it last week on the workouts. I think the Plyometrics does it to me EVERY time. I'm thinking that maybe I'm just not warmed up enough when I start doing all those drills and jump-squats...sigh...Yesterday's PT was HARD...every exercise felt hard and I felt like I had regressed. I definitely need to be more diligent about doing them at home, at least every other day. I can't go to PT forever! The financial part alone, is about to make me HAVE to quit. I'm hoping that I only have a few more sessions and I'm learning my limits.

On a good note, I busted out my new pair of running kicks (my New Balance 1224's) this morning and they felt WONDERFUL! And I also have a new pair of Brooks Adrenaline's that I will be wearing for my other workouts.....Sigh...new shoes are IT!

3 comments:

That Pink Girl said...

Woo hoo to reaching a milestone! It feels good to be in familiar territory, didn't it? Glad things are going well!

OK Chick said...

Good job! I ran a 5K this weekend and almost died. It was so HOT!

Tricia said...

hope youre doing well, enjoy your weekend!