Background

Saturday, June 19, 2010

A little farther...and the end of PT?

5.5 miles today...



I was glad to see the route was downtown this weekend, at the River Market. I had 5 miles on the agenda and the hip felt pretty good. Yesterday was a rest day and I did my exercises at home. The run was partially downtown, over into my neighborhood (Argenta) and back over the bridge to Little Rock. My hip started to feel a little tight around mile 2.5, but somehow it felt better (?) on the uphill return over the Broadway Bridge. I love me some hills...I really can't wait to get back into some hill work as the hip continues to get better. It was pretty humid, but I guess I had a good wicking shirt on, cause I didn't feel that hot at all! I kept seeing people run by me that were just drenched in sweat!



After the run, I realized that I had taken my house keys off my keyring, instead of my car key...........verdict: My keys were locked in my car! Luckily, I didn't have to wait long before Kelli had finished her run and she let me use her phone to call the Verizon Roadside Assistance. They told me it would be approx 45 min for someone to arrive, so I headed to the River Market to get some water and coffee. Thankfully, Kelli also lent me some $ so I could! I walked around for a bit at the Farmer's Market, and within 20 minutes, my knight-in-a-blue-BMW arrived to unlock my car. It took him all of 1 minute to open my door and I was good to go! Of course, I am not glad did that I did that, but it really could have been so much worse! I was even able to make it to Power Pump, just as class was starting. Yay!



Monday will probably be my last PT session, whether I am "technically" done or not. I have been good this week at doing my exercises every other day and trying to balance exercise with rest. The last time I was in the office, I got a "scolding" (or at least, it felt like it) about the balance on my account. I guess they are worried I won't pay my bill. Maybe they deal with that a lot...people and/or insurance companies not paying their bills....Well, I pay my debts people! In fact, I HATE debt..therefore, I'm good for it and will pay it off faithfully. I have been paying what I can when I go in, but it was hard to keep up, considering each appointment was $75 out of my pocket. My savings has taken a serious hit with this PT thing!

No comments: