Background

Thursday, December 3, 2009

32 days and counting...

It has been 32 days since I ran last...sniffle...I'm not counting the 0.3 mile attempt (aka disaster) 2 weeks ago, that resulted in...NOTHING...and having to turn around and go back home because the foot was too sore to continue. It saddens me to say that I will most likely not be able to do the Little Rock Half Marathon in March as a result. I told myself that I would accept that, and it looks like I have no choice, but it definitely continues to be frustrating and sad that I don't know when I WILL be able to run. I am still trying to keep up some cardio by doing the spin bike and some weight lifting again. Just when I think I can graduate from my Keen sandals (about the only shoes that I can wear that don't put pressure on my foot) to shoes loosely tied..the soreness returns....Geez...On top of that, wearing the Keen's probably isn't the best for my plantar fasciitis and my arch has been killing me...
I wanted to do the Indoor Tri at the NLRAC again in January, but I haven't even bothered to get myself up to the pool and obviously, I can't do the running portion.

It is a bit depressing to see all the friends and acquaintances being able to race and train for races. I really miss it. Don't get me wrong...I wish everyone the best! I just wish I could do it too. Sorry, folks, if you were looking for a happy post, you hit me on a bad day. Maybe next time!

5 comments:

Jen Feeny said...

Awwww I'm sorry girl! I know it can get hard, I've had my share of probs with the ITB, especially after my half marathon. Just try to stay positive and if possible, do cross training like biking or swimming. It won't fill the void completely but it'll try. :)

RunToTheFinish said...

OHHH boy I have read back through your posts and I'm thinking you should email me I have a couple thoughts!

amandacbrooks at yahoo

Ok first, yes I did post about freaking out about not running and going nutz. I did A LOT of walking, i started A LOT of yoga and weight training which i hate

what i'm noticing is that it's the top of your foot so that's keeping you from your shoes... I think your issue is your shoes and how you lace them. Has your doc showed you how to lace them to relieve the pressure? Also I swear by using Topricin on the top of my foot, it always makes it feel better very quickly

ok I can answer more if you need, just email me!!

Anonymous said...

March is still quite a while away. Hopefully the foot will be better soon and you can get your training in...but, of course, don't force it.

Wishing you a speedy recovery...(hopefully the longest part of your wait is already passed...)

That Pink Girl said...

Don't give up! March is a while away yet...stick with the cross training to keep your cardio up, stretch, ice and find a good sports therapist! You'll get through this - you will!

Denise said...

I really can't imagine how hard it must be being sidelined. Hang in there and my fingers are crossed that you're back out there soon.