Background

Monday, December 28, 2009

Ups and downs...today's a down...

Well...the last run I did was NOT the best...I only did 2.15 miles...part of that was extreme soreness from a few previous workouts, and part of it was the continued inability to get my shoes tight enough. I didn't want to do too much and end up with shin splints...I guess something is better than nothing. It makes me, kind of, dread my runs though...I guess I am anticipating pain or something. I think I will have to scale back on my cross training, so I am not so sore....

I know my last post was much more positive...I guess I'm a bit bummed about having to start from scratch and missing out on the Crackhead Challenge..I can't even imagine doing 5 miles again..I said I was grateful for the lack of "pressure", but somehow it's nice if it's a choice I can make myself..as opposed to something that is thrust upon me because of a lack of ability...Sigh..

1 comment:

Jes said...

Think of how great you will feel when you can run that distance again! That's what I'm trying to focus on... I know I have done it before, so that makes it easier to convince myself I can do it again.